How to Clean the Oven
One of the most dreaded cleaning tasks is cleaning the oven – all the baked on mess that is almost impossible to get off. (Think cheese from last month’s pizza.) For most, the answer has always been to buy an oven cleaner spray and hope you can breathe after applying and removing it. Well, we’re here to tell you there is a much better way that is much less toxic and actually works better.
Oven Cleaning – Step By Step Checklist
How to Clean Your Oven without Toxic Chemicals:
- Remove the oven racks and put them in a sink full of hot soapy water to soak.
- Combine baking soda, vinegar, and a little water to create a thick, but spreadable paste.
- Spread this magical paste over the oven surfaces – put a thick coat of it where you have the most spillage.
- Scrub the racks and set aside.
- Let the paste sit overnight.
- Wipe the oven clean with a damp cloth (one you don’t mind ruining), and rinse the cloth as needed.
- When done, if there is some baking soda residue left, spritz the oven with a little vinegar and water and wipe.
- Return the racks to the oven and voila – clean oven! And no chemical smell!
If you would prefer to have someone else take care of this chore, contact us!